Enter the WBC 2014 Decor Design Competition!
At the World Balloon Convention 2012, delegates were blown away by the incredible decor throughout the event. Now, YOU have the chance to rise to balloon stardom by entering the WBC 2014 Decor Design Competition! Envision yourself taking the lead role in designing and leading one of the following decor builds for WBC 2014:
- Lobby Decor
- Thursday Night Costume Party
- Grand Gala
|Elegant decor featuring Qualatex Decor Shapes, 3-foot latex, and Black & White SuperAgate balloons graced the WBC 2012 Grand Gala. Decor Design Competition winner Warrasruang Samuttaphan of Balloon Art Co., Ltd. in Bangkok, Thailand created the decor.
One winning guest designer will be selected for the Lobby Decor and each of the two WBC 2014 parties. Along with the opportunity to design and execute the winning decor, each winner will receive:
- Transportation to and from WBC 2014
- Full-package Registration for WBC 2014
- Lodging for the duration of the event
You could win the chance to design your dream decor using unlimited Qualatex balloons and a full staff to help realize your vision. Impress the WBC delegates, then return home to impress your customers by promoting your accomplishment in your own business.
Show the world what you’ve got – enter today!
|Decor Design Competition winner Tope Abulude, CBA, of Balloon Inspirations in Essex, UK, created the colorful decor for “The Very Best Balloon Show on Earth” costume party at WBC 2012.
How to Enter
- Complete the WBC 2014 Decor Design Competition application and submit it no later than December 10, 2012.
- Round I submissions will be reviewed by the WBC review board and finalists will be chosen by December 19, 2012.
- Finalists will be required to submit detailed sketches of specific event decor elements fitting the event theme (to be announced) by January 31, 2013. These elements will include, but not be limited to:
- Entrance decor
- Stage decor
- Special effects
- Focal point decor
- Photo backdrops
- All proposed event decor should feature Qualatex products exclusively.
- Upon submission of design sketches and possible photos of decor prototypes, one winning guest designer will be selected for the Lobby Decor and each of the two WBC 2014 parties.
- The winning designer for the WBC 2014 Grand Gala will have the opportunity to work with renowned balloon designers and special effects masters to execute the Gala production.
- In order to attend the WBC 2014 and complete their winning decor, selected designers will be held to deadlines for submitting design ideas and product lists. In the event that a winning designer is unable to meet any deadline set by Pioneer Balloon Company, said designer may forfeit his or her winning stature, including transportation to and from WBC 2014, complete registration, and lodging for the duration of the event.
- The WBC 2014 Decor Design Competition is for balloon professionals whose businesses significantly rely on the use of professional-quality balloons. As the WBC is a Qualatex event, only Qualatex balloons may be used at the WBC.
- Candidates must demonstrate a knowledge of balloons and large-scale decor processes and systems, and must have worked in the balloon industry long enough to develop a professional portfolio of his or her large-scale balloon work.
- CBA accreditation and QBN membership are not required, but professional credentials will be considered relevant in the selection process.
- Selection will be based on the submitted application and follow-up interviews. Recipients will be determined by a review board, which includes representatives from Pioneer Balloon Company and other balloon professionals.
- Travel and registration arrangements will be made by Pioneer Balloon Company.
- Eligibility is open to balloon professionals around the world.
Send your questions about the WBC 2014 Decor Design Competition to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-743-9879 or (316) 685-2266 outside the USA.
Applications will not be returned to candidates. Design winners will be chosen solely at the discretion of the review board. Each design competition award is made to the recipient alone and may not be transferred to anyone else. In the event that a design competition winner cannot attend the WBC 2014 or forfeits his or her winning stature for any reason, no monies will be given to the recipient. Pioneer Balloon Company and its agents are not liable for any legal actions that arise as a result of the recipient’s attendance at the World Balloon Convention 2014. Acceptance of this award implies consent for Pioneer Balloon Company to publish and promote the recipient’s name and business, as well as the recipient’s winning decor designs, in any and all relevant materials and/or publications.